Instructions how to set forward from your Exchange Email account to other Email address.
The example here is for forwarding to firstname.lastname@example.org, but it can be to any other Email address.
Please notice that it is called Email Redirect in Exchange. It will forward the message as is, with From and Subject untouched. It will also leave a copy in your Exchange Inbox.
Exchange Forwarding rule is not Redirect rule. It will forward the message as you do manual forwarding, changing the From and Subject.
How to do it in Outlook Web Access (OWA):
- Login to Outlook Web App.
- Click Options > Create an Inbox Rule.
- If you click on “All Options..“, Inbox Rule under Organize E-Mail .
- On the Inbox Rules tab, click New.
- Under When the message arrives, select Apply to all messages.
- Under Do the following, select Redirect the message to.
- Select the address you want your mail sent to:
- By double-clicking on it in the address book view.
- Or you can enter the e-mail address in the To field.
- Example: email@example.com
- Click OK to save your selections and return to the new rule window.
- Click Save to save your rule and return to the Inbox Rules tab.
How to do it from Outlook 2010 (with corrections for 2016):
- Enter your Exchange from Outlook.
- Select menu File, select Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Select Options, Create Rule… (In Outlook 2016 select New Rule…)
- Click Advanced Options… This will start the Rule Wizard.
- In Outlook 2016: In Step 1 : Select template – Select Apply rule on messages I receive.
- Click Next. Click Yes on This rule will apply to very message you receive…
- In Outlook 2016: In Step 1: Select Condition)s) – Click Next and Yes to Apply rule to every message you receive
- Check “redirect it to people or public group“.
- If you don’t want to keep the messages in Exchange inbox, check also “delete it“.
- Click on “people or public group“, and enter the Email address to redirect (forward) to in to To-> . Example: firstname.lastname@example.org and click OK.
- In Select exception(s), click next (unless you want to set an exception).
- In Finish Rule setup, set the name of the rule to: “Redirect ALL to email@example.com“, or whatever you want. (change firstname.lastname@example.org to the Email you forward to), And click Finish.
Now send mail to your Exchange address, and see if you get it in both Exchange and CS mail.
Please notice that when you send mail from the address you also forward to (a loop), you may not get the forwarded email. Specifically in Gmail. Send mail from 3rd email address.
You can always disable or change the rules in Rules -> Manage Rules menu.