Instructions how to set forward from your Exchange Email account to other Email address.
The example here is for forwarding to firstname.lastname@example.org, but it can be to any other Email address.
Please notice that it is called Email Redirect in Exchange. It will forward the message as is, with From and Subject untouched. It will also leave a copy in your Exchange Inbox.
Exchange Forwarding rule is not Redirect rule. It will forward the message as you do manual forwarding, changing the From and Subject.
How to do it from Outlook 2010:
(To do it from Outlook Web Access (OWA), See below)
- Enter your Exchange from outlook.
- Select menu File, select Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Select Options, Create Rule…
- Click Advanced Options… This will start the Rule Wizard.
- Click Next. Click Yes on “This rule will apply to very message you receive…”.
- Check “redirect it to people or public group”.
- If you don’t want to keep the messages in Exchange inbox, check also “delete it”.
- Click on “people or public group”, and enter the Email address to redirect (forward) to. Example: email@example.com , and click OK.
- In Exceptions, click next (unless you want to set an exception).
- In Finish Rule setup, set the name of the rule to: “Redirect ALL to firstname.lastname@example.org“, or whatever you want. (change email@example.com to the Email you forward to), And click Finish.
Now send mail to your Exchange address, and see if you get it in both Exchange and CS mail.
You can always disable or change the rules in Rules -> Manage Rules menu.
To do it in Outlook Web Access (OWA):
- Login to Outlook Web App.
- Click Options > Create an Inbox Rule.
- On the Inbox Rules tab, click New.
- Under When the message arrives, select Apply to all messages.
- Under Do the following, select Redirect the message to.
- Select the address you want your mail sent to by double-clicking on it in the address book view. If the address you want to redirect to doesn’t appear, you can enter the e-mail address in the To field.
- Click OK to save your selections and return to the new rule window.
- Click Save to save your rule and return to the Inbox Rules tab.