Changing Unix servers and services (SSH, Unix mail) password
- Login using SSH to CSA or CSM Linux servers.
- Run this command from prompt: /usr/bin/yppasswd
- Enter old and new password as required.
What is a recommended password :
- Minimum Password length: 8 char.
- Complexity. Minimum requirements:
- Does not contain the user’s account name or parts of the user’s full name that exceed two consecutive character
- Password contains characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z(
- English lowercase characters (a through z(
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9(
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
Still not working: Reset your CS Unix password using your Technion (campus/portl/TX) password. Login to the this link using “ST\username” and password .
Then, enter your username. It will send the reset password to your campus Email (USERNAME@CAMPUS.technion.ac.il)