In CS we have a service “CSWS” portal for requesting & getting VM as a service
This solution is based on VMWare software on our Nutanix cluster. You will have Full Access & Privileges to the OS and with console access from portal with in faculty LAN or from VDI.
- CS student for master can proceed directly to step 3, other please open a request at our help-desk site
- Once you received the permission you can follow these steps:
- Go to this URL from CHROME browser only : https://vra.cs.technion.ac.il/vcac/org/CS/
- Enter your logon credentials from the faculty domain td-csf
- Go directly to the “Catalog” menu and select one of the 4 OS supported VM type you need.
- if you don’t change any of the default resources you will get email with the details of the new VM once it was installed.
- If you change the #CPU or the #GB memory it will wait for approval. once approved you will get an email to your faculty email account. first mail is the approval indication second mail will be with the access details.
- Once you received the mail that VM was successfully deployed you can return to the https://vra.cs.technion.ac.il/vcac/org/CS/
- Go to the “items” menu, from there select the “machines” menu and the new VM host name , on the right side you have the methods how to access your VM
- Please choose the “Connect to remote Console“
- You will get a new window with the console on the new VM,
- For Linux use your login name , The password is predefined , You will get them by mail.
- For Windows use the same credentials as on TD-CSF
- On both cases you have admin/sudo rights.
- Please follow these instructions : http://cswp.cs.technion.ac.il/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/VM-Commitment.pdf
Please notice all VM’s have expiration date, once you set the days between 7-60 days, it will expire automatically.
You will get a reminder a week before its about to expire, you can ask to prolong it with in the limits.
Thanks System IT Staff.
Will be happy to hear your feedback.