Changing Unix servers and services (SSH, Unix mail) password
- Login using SSH to CSA or CSM Linux servers.
- Run this command from prompt: /usr/bin/yppasswd
- Enter old and new password as required.
This would be the dialog for successful change:
Please enter old password:
Changing NIS password for <user> on <domain>.
Please enter new password:
Please retype new password:
The NIS password has been changed on <domain>.
What is a recommended password :
- Minimum Password length: 8 char.
- Complexity. Minimum requirements:
- Does not contain the user’s account name or parts of the user’s full name that exceed two consecutive character
- Password contains characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z(
- English lowercase characters (a through z(
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9(
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)