Android 4 default mail application has problems working with CS IMAP mail service.
To work with CS IMAP service, please install K-9 free application from app store.
It recommended that you login to CS webmail before K-9 setup, to make sure you have the correct username/pw and have mail in inbox.
K-9 setup for IMAP access:
- Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Create an account with the following important parameters:
o For Fetching mail / Incoming mail server:
- Address: email@example.com
- Password: Your CS Unix password.
- Account type: IMAP
- IMAP Server (Fetching mail, Incoming mail server): imapsg.cs.technion.ac.il for faculty staff or imapta.cs.technion.ac.il for TA
- Security: SSL/TLS(always)
- Port: 993
- Username: your CSA/CSM Unix username without @cs.technion.ac.il
- Password: The above password.
- Port: 993
- No Client certificate
- Uncheck “Auto-detect IMAP namespace“
- IMAP path prefix: your mail account directory on CSA/CSM where you keep your mail (example: mail). If you have big homedir, and not set mail dir, it may fail. Please keep your mail folders in a separate mail directory called “mail“, which is the default for many mail clients.
- Now it will check IMAP connection. If OK, it will continue to Outgoing server.
o For Sending Mail / Outgoing server:
- SMTP server: mailout.cs.technion.ac.il
- Security: SSL(always)
- Port: 465
- Require authentication
- The same username and password as above.
- Next to end Outgoing server setup.
Now you should see your incoming mail.
Enter Setup, enter the account setup, Folders.
- In Folders setup, make sure Sent Items folder is set to the folder you want (best is Sent folder).
You should see your Inbox. If you have a problem, please open a request in Helpdesk for additional help.