How To Change my password on TD-CSF Windows Domain ? (Used for Windows stations login/HelpDesk / CS WiFi / MSDN ( Kivuto online store) / Printing)
These instructions are not for changing Unix (CSA/CSM/Unix mail) password, and not for Undergraduate students users.
The Current Password Policy on TD-CSF is described below:
- Minimum Password length: 10 characters.
- Complexity. Minimum requirements:
- Not contain the user’s account name or parts of the user’s full name that exceed two consecutive characters.
- Password contains characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
- Complexity requirements are enforced when passwords are changed or created.
- Password can be changed only once a day.
You can change the password in several ways:
– From a computer that belongs to TD-CSF Domain:
- Make sure you are logged in to Domain TD-CSF and not locally.
- Press Ctrl Alt Del and press the “change password” button.
– Using a browser from inside the Technion:
- Browse to PWAD Site (From Inside the Technion only).
– Using SMB command from Unix main servers command line:
- Login to CSA or CSM LINUX faculty servers.
- Invoke this command: /usr/bin/smbpasswd -r csf.technion.ac.il -D0
- Enter your current TD-CSF Domain password.
- Enter your new password according to the password policy, and re-enter to confirm.
- If the new password was approved by the Domain Controller you will get this message: Password changed for user YOUR-USERNAME