Pre – Installation
- Create directory C:\flexlm.
- Create with notepad (or other text editor) file with the name license.dat in the created directory.
- This file must include ONLY the following 2 lines:
SERVER lm.technion.ac.il 001b24e02dd5 1700
- you can also download the file from here : license.dat
- Start the installation by entering the Matlab DVD media to the DVD drive (The installation should start automatically, if not run setup.exe in the main folder of the DVD).
- In the ‘Welcome to the MathWorks Installer’ window, select the ‘Install manually without using the Internet’ option and click Next’.
- In the ‘License Agreement’ window: Choose ‘Yes’ for accepting the terms of the license and click ‘Next’.
- Provide the File Installation key (called PLP in previous versions) and click ‘Next”.
- Choose Installation Type. Choose ‘Typical’ or ‘Custom’ and click ‘Next’ (recommended to leave ‘Typical’).
- Specify installation Folder (recommended to leave the default).
- For ‘Custom Installation’ choose the products you want to install. Click ‘Next’.
- Enter the full path of your license file in the ‘License File’ dialog box: C:\flexlm\license.dat and click ‘Next’.
- Specify Installation Options (for Custom Installation Only) After selecting installation options, click ‘Next’ to proceed with the installation.
- Before the Installer begins copying files to your hard disk, it displays a summary of the installation. To change a setting click the ‘Back’ button. To proceed with the installation, click ‘Install’.
- Depending upon which products you install, the MathWorks installer might display a dialog box containing the information: Run the mbuild -setup from Matlab using Matlab Compiler or builder products. This command sets up the C/C++ compiler to be used with Matlab Compiler and builder products to create deployable applications/components.
- When the MathWorks installer finishes, it displays the Setup Complete dialog box. Click ‘Finish’ to exit the installer.